1.Auto Accident Lawyers
Automobiles can cause serious accidents leading to serious injuries. Negligence and rashness of drivers cause a large percentage of auto accidents. Some are due to intoxication or drug influenced drivers. A number of automobiles accidents are caused by poorly designed roads and improper traffic signals. Defective vehicle or tire can also cause them.
When involved in an auto accident, it is strongly recommended to know how to react in order to protect your rights and to make sure that you do not commit errors that can results in big sum. You should remember certain measures you should take to keep in control with the situation. In times of auto accidents, do not leave the premises because it is against the law and it will be difficult to show who is to be held liable for the accident. It is better to get medical attendance right away. When police come, make an official report to protect your legal rights in the future. Besides, you can also write down essential details such as the names, phone numbers, license plate numbers and addresses of the persons involved or who has witnessed the accident. You can also take pictures of the auto accident scene, if possible. It is advisable not to discuss the accident with anybody other than your auto accident lawyers.
Nowadays, in our fast paced world auto accidents occur too often. The results vary. Majority consequences are minor property claims. Some automobile accidents result in substantial property damage, serious personal injury or death. The immediate aftermath of a serious auto accident are simply overwhelmed by the barrage of telephone calls, insurance paperwork, accident reports, treatment costs, medical bills, paperwork and other correspondence that are received immediately after an auto accident. It is almost impossible for someone who has been seriously injured and in the process of recovering to deal with this mass of paperwork, procedures and deadlines. Most of the time, while victims are under treatment for their injuries, the insurance companies are trying to lessen their damages through personal injury payout or auto accident settlement. As a result of these immediate aftermaths, car crush victims do not receive right compensation to which they are entitled.
Personal injuries can vary from small to critical state. The results of them are hospitalization, therapy, ongoing medical visits and loss of income. Assistance of skilled auto accident lawyers is very important. Insurance companies usually defend accident cases. Their purpose is to make and accumulate as much money as possible. On the other hand, an experienced auto accident lawyer uses his knowledge and expertise for the client's benefit. Auto accident lawyers are the most credible persons to advice you of your legal rights and options and defend you in your legal battles. You should get the services of an auto accident lawyer early on in order to be enlightened and be assured of your case.
2.Auto Insurance Frauds
The insurance industry wastes $30 billion each year because of insurance frauds. If you think it doesn’t concern you, you are wrong. In fact, becoming a fraud victim you pay for all these expenses. First of all, only one your or the perpetrator’s mistake can have fatal consequences to your health or even take your life or your loved ones. Besides, insurance companies keep a documentation of personal driving records to measure the insuring risk of every motorist. And in accident cases your record will be blemished. No matter the accident was staged or no. It also causes everyone’s premium increase as the insurance company tries to cover bogus insurance claims. And knowing of the most spread auto insurance scams can help you to protect yourself.
There are the following auto insurance frauds:
1. Staged car accident. There are also used different tactics.
The perpetrator gets in front of a victim’s car and suddenly slams on his/her brakes. This causes the rear-end car accident.
Another tactic is used in multiple turn lanes at an intersection. A perpetrator will continue to take the multiple left turns until the victim suddenly maneuvers into the lane in which the perpetrator accelerates to initiate contact.
The next tactic is also used in an intersection with the absence of any neutral witnesses. A scam driver rams into a passes car in the intersection. Then bogus witnesses affirm that the victim ran a stop sign or red light.
The last tactic is used in heavy traffic, when anybody is merged. With the help of head lamps the perpetrator gives signs like pretending to let the victim car to merge, but when it begins flow into traffic, suddenly speeds up to cause the collision. Then the scam driver denies giving any signs.
2. After an honest accident or a staged one, a perpetrator can cause additional damage to his/her vehicle in another place, insisting, that it was you, who caused the damage. They also can fabricate papers, which attest the damage. As a rule, shady lawyers, doctors, auto repair shop, insurance agents take part in the fraud. But usually, these claims are less than 1000$, as insurance companies doesn’t attend to such payments.
3. False helpers come into play after a staged accident as well as not. They offer to help proposing an auto repair shop, a doctor, or a lawyer. Usually all these persons also take part in the scam. They charge you inflated rates trying to collect more from your insurance.
Now, you know the most popular auto insurance scams and can try to avoid being their victim. Also, beware of drivers, who may be following you too long. They may examine your riving habits. Driving a car, leave plenty of room in front of you in order to stop.
If the accident has happened, however, but you suspect it to be staged, make the following steps:
1. Take notes of everything about the other car, get Drivers License, vehicle registration and insurance.
2. Make note of the passenger’s number; get their names, address, and phone numbers; if they were wearing seatbelts or not.
3. If there are any witnesses, get their names, address and phone numbers.
4. Call the policy.
5. If you have a camera, take as much pictures as you can. It doesn’t give perpetrators any chance to lie.
6. If you have any doubts about accident’s honesty, inform your insurance company about your suspicions.