The 2009 Jaguar XF produced a war of information on the internet in the last few days. Jaguar has released all the details of the 2009 Jaguar XF, including photos and specifications, to a few big automotive blogs, but also asked them not to publish them until a certain date. It was like giving a jar of candy to a 3 year old and tell him not to open it until Christmas, and then leave him completely unsupervised.
Of course they couldn't keep a lid on it and the fun began. When one of them released a little bit of information, the others released a little bit more. Until one of them said "f**k it!" and released the whole thing. I consider it funny and I bet Jaguar did too, because it got all the
attention from the web that they could ask for. Not that the 2009 Jaguar XF doesn't deserve it!
I don't know if Jaguar wanted it this way, but it did the job of making everybody aware of the new 2009 Jaguar XF.
I bet by now you all know everything there is to know about the 2009 Jaguar XF.
Unfortunately Jaguar didn't consider us when releasing all that info on the 2009 Jaguar XF, so this is all we have access to until now. If you are still interested, this is the first officially official press release from Jaguar about the 2009 Jaguar XF.
Jaguar Press Release:
REVEALED - THE ALL-NEW 2009 Jaguar XF
Contemporary design in an all-new Jaguar sedan Gallery: 2009 Jaguar XF
IRVINE, Calif. August 28, 2007 – Jaguar is proud to announce the all-new 2009 Jaguar XF - a stunning four-door Jaguar that combines the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a luxury sedan.
Scheduled to make its world debut at the 2007 Frankfurt International Motor Show in September, the new 2009 Jaguar XF is a reflection of the bold new design language that Jaguar will be using both now and in the future.
"As one of the most visually striking, technically sophisticated and driver-oriented sedan cars that Jaguar has ever produced, the 2009 Jaguar XF clearly demonstrates the forward-looking focus that now defines the Jaguar brand," said Wayne Burgess, 2009 Jaguar XF Senior Design Manager. "With its dramatic styling, powerful flowing lines and a distinctive front, the new 2009 Jaguar XF looks like no other Jaguar . Yet it defines the new design language the company will be adopting for all future models."
The first impression of the new 2009 Jaguar XF is its visual strength. It firmly emphasizes contemporary automotive style whilst maintaining Jaguar's core values. The new
2009 Jaguar XF is sporty, muscular and dynamic -- made evident in its sweeping silhouette that was inspired by the new Jaguar XK sports car. There is a powerful grille, dramatic side window graphics and, of course, strong Jaguar rear haunches. The stance of the 2009 Jaguar XF gives the car a 'ready to pounce' look that suggests latent power and energy.
The contemporary design theme is continued inside the 2009 Jaguar XF with an interior ambience that is enriched by wood, aluminum and leather presented in a very modern way, unlike any other car manufacturer. With its sophisticated instruments and calm interior mood lighting, the 2009 Jaguar XF moves away from traditional styling to a contemporary, sporting luxury theme. This is emphasized by features such as the all-new JaguarDrive Selector TM, JaguarSense TM (an electronic control system that employs motion detecting sensors to activate certain vehicle features), unique phosphor blue interior lighting, and Bowers & Wilkins sound technology.
The new 2009 Jaguar XF will be available in the US with a choice of two engines – a 4.2-liter naturally-aspirated V8 and a 4.2-liter supercharged V8. In naturally-aspirated form, the 2009 Jaguar XF develops 300bhp and 310 lb.-ft. of torque. The supercharged version uses a highly efficient rotor-type supercharger that develops 420bhp and 408 lb.-ft. of torque. Both engines combine effortless performance, unrivalled character, an impeccable pedigree, and have a classic Jaguar blend of power and refinement.
All-new 2009 Jaguar XF At-A-Glance Highlights
- The 2009 Jaguar XF is a four-door Jaguar that combines the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a luxury sedan.
- The exterior styling of the 2009 Jaguar XF is the first result of Jaguar's new design language in a sedan. With interior design that is the equal of the exterior in terms of crafted execution and visual excitement, the XF offers a truly contemporary, luxury environment.
- The coupe-like lines of the 2009 Jaguar XF belie the amount of space inside: there is room for five adults in comfort, generous interior stowage and a trunk capacity of 17.6 cu. ft. (500 liters), plus the opportunity to fold down the rear seats and add a further 14.8 cu. ft. (420 liters).
- Jaguar craftsmanship adopts a sharp new edge on the 2009 Jaguar XF. Sophisticated instrumentation, a touch-screen, modern materials and graphics complement new ‘surprise and delight’ features. Upon entry to the 2009 Jaguar XF, the start button pulses, like a heartbeat. Start the engine and the JaguarDrive Selector TM rises into the palm of the hand, while rotating vents turn from their flush, 'parked' position to their functional open position.
- Improved torsional stiffness delivers refinement and dynamic performance – underpinning the driver-focused yet remarkably comfortable driving experience.
- The 2009 Jaguar XF will be available from launch in the U.S. with two different engines – 4.2-liter naturally-aspirated V8 and 4.2-liter supercharged V8 – all featuring Jaguar's proven six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddles for manual gear selection (Jaguar Sequential Shift TM) .
- Key driver aids on the 2009 Jaguar XF include Electronic Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Anti-lock Braking System, Dynamic Stability Control, Cornering Brake Control and Engine Drag Torque Control. And, for the first time in a Jaguar, Understeer Control Logic which decelerates the car and helps to restore grip to the front wheels when required.
- Three trim levels will be offered in the U.S. market – Luxury, Premium Luxury and Supercharged levels.
- The first cars will be delivered to U.S. customers in March 2008.
- Pricing for the North American market will be announced in November 2007.
From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar Cars has grown to become one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and with that, one of the most recognized commercial brands. The company's vision is simple: To produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates two manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programs, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motorsports.